Drew Myers is an enlivener and a story seeker. He gives others the opportunity to share their story – with the hopes that they also embrace their story. Through his podcasts and speaking engagements, he showcases and celebrates individuals who have given themselves permission to live radically honest lives, pursue their dreams and live on purpose.
Here are 13 additional bullet points that help define the real me:
• I’m a brother. (I have two sisters and a brother);
• I’m a volunteer;
• I have my master’s degree in Educational Administration, which means I could be a principal if I really embraced being a glutton for punishment;
• I’m a runner. I’ve run 2.75 marathons, and I’m currently in the midst of a personal running streak. (When this bio was written, I had run at least one mile for 416 consecutive days);
• Favorite all-time television show: The Wire;
• I have two man crushes: Randy Rogers (Texas Country Music artist) and Pudge Rodriguez (former catcher for the Texas Rangers). Neither love affair has to do with looks AND everything to do with them being bad asses in their respected industries;
• I don’t always drink beer, but when I do…I drink Shiner Bock. (When I’m not drinking Shiner, I probably have a glass of Jameson on the rocks in my hand);
• Greatest sports moment: Game 6 of the 2010 American League Championship Series. The Rangers defeated the Yankees to punch their first ticket to the World Series. (I hugged a lot of random men that night);
• Worst sports moment: Game 6 of the 2011 World Series… (I can’t even talk about it);
• I think “balance” in life is unattainable (example right). Instead of chasing the imaginary, I simply try to focus on my top two life facets – spiritual and family – to help me make decisions and allocate my time for the other things (career, significance, financial, etc.)
• I try to live a bold and adventurous life – with love and gratitude in my heart – as a constant thank you to Jesus Christ. When I die, I know I’m going to heaven because of His sacrifice on the cross.